Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A Challenge

OK, here it is; a challenge to Eri and Jason and any other people who feel up to the adventure.

The Old Fart (that would be me) is now hitting 4.5 miles at a crack and beginning to up the speed during the week. I can practically feel the excitement and smell the finish line. Eri and I ran in Ottawa - nice flat course except for the one bit that goes up and over and down. Eri ran in Toronto - great net down hill except the last kilometer or so is straight up University from Wellington to Queen's Park. We both ran parts of Aurora - very nasty and hilly. Eri ran Burlington. Is the picture becoming clear?

Well, here's the picture. I will be up to a half-marathon next summer. I doubt the younger group can get their fatty acids in gear for the run, but who knows? Stranger things have happened. Toronto in October sounds perfect but quite a long way off. The Bob Hartwell in Aurora is in March, maybe too near and quite difficult. Ottawa is a rather long drive, but would be fun at the end on June.

Any takers?

3 comments:

EJ said...

Alright. You're on. I haven't run in ... I can't remember how long, but that's okay. I'm about to move Mike's sister's treadmill into our basement (Mike may need some muscle help with that - Jason?)and then I'm on my way. March is a little soon, but I'm okay with whatever date works for everyone.

St. Louis Family said...

A challenge eh?

Okay I'm on for something...just don't know what yet...

Jason

Pen & Rix Place said...

OK, gang, start your sneekers.

We are on, just haggling about time and venue. Head for the track / road / gym / basement.

DoD