Sunday, November 19, 2006

Coming undone

I started this on the weekend, but will post tonight - Monday.

The game with Andrew is progressing on a couple of fronts. This is the current situation with white to move. Either Andrew has made a pretty big error, or I am about to be suckered. The obvious move is to grab the black bishop at g4. Seems too easy.



And it is. I have once again mis-communicated a move. Instead of moving my pawn to h4 as shown, I wrote the move to g4. Bummer!!


That gives us a position like this (see photo on the blue grey towel). Not nearly as pretty for the Old Fart. In fact, Andrew is licking his chops at the prospect of once again clobbering the Old Man. This may require some further thought and, maybe, giving the correct co-ordinates for the next move. There was supposed to be a turning point at about this stage, but this was NOT the plan.

The new photo studio in the laundry room is a big improvement, n'est pas?

I had trouble responding to the comments (See the "Challange" post). Blogger changed and I forgot how to sign in. But we are back.

So, Erika says she will be ready to run in the summer. And Jason is making some kind of non-commitment. Hmmm. For my part, I tried to run for 45 minutes at the gym today (Sunday). Saturday night we had a lovely dinner and raucous card game . Went to bed about 2 am after much wine. So, after running a couple of miles, the tank ran dry at the gym. Not a very good idea (or workout). But we will continue tomorrow (Monday) and Tuesday. I am running a couple of hard sessions (see how far I can get in 20 minutes) during the week. Every Sunday I try to extend the long run by about 5 minutes while maintaining a pace of at least 6.2 mph. Except for the very tired and rather hung-over Sundays, the plan is working.

Off to see the foot people in a week to get new implants. The orthodics are about a year old and showing as much wear as I am. The shoes need an upgrade too.

We are off to dinner at Byzantium in The Village of Toronto. Looking forward to this as we went there last winter and said we should go back. And I have to watch the Muppet Christmas Movie. Busy, busy, busy.

Oops, Penny just got back from a fitness class. Later, gater.

2 comments:

Alison said...

The way I see it, we can either start the game over, go back to the g3/h3 move, or keep going from where we are. g3 was arguably a better move than h3 anyway, but I don't mind taking my move over if you want to change it to h3.

- Andrew

St. Louis Family said...

ok....now i'm in - what do I have to do...run?