Saturday, November 25, 2006

Santa's parade day

Crazy day that started with a missed phone call from Dana - it's the Santa Claus parade and the St. Louis' are launching in 10 minutes because Hannah and Jack are in the parade and have to be dropped off early and if we want to go with them that would be great and they will be somewhere near T&T Bakery. Dana sometimes leaves messages like that.

Penny couldn't go, but I figured it would be a great idea and walked over to Main Street. A really foggy day that suddenly cleared up and we had a grand parade. Lots of kid fun and many good pictures because Dana was shooting quite a bit. I got a good shot of Hannah. No, I got a shot of the back of Dana's head and Brown Owl's elbow. So I will let Dana post the parade pictures. My favourite Brownie leader was always Horny Owl.
Here are some shots in the fog walking over to the parade and down the street to find Dana, Jason and Henry. Henry and I had fun! The weird crane thing is the tv camera set up. I loved the fog.














Since I walked over to the parade because the local traffic was crazy with the streets being blocked off, I did not take my keys for the truck. Or for the house. Locked out and waiting for Penny to get home, I saw some nice fall pictures: magnolia buds promising Spring, wild rose hips and the Dana and Jason Tree from their wedding. Sometimes being locked out of the house is ok.

We have been cooking up a storm all afternoon. Company coming for a wonderful dinner tonight.

2 comments:

St. Louis Family said...

I can't believe you were locked out!! I almost always wait to make sure someone gets in their house before I drive away, too...don't know why I didn't yesterday. Sorry!
Dana

Andrew said...

That's a great fog. Looks like NS. The camel in the middle of Main Street is quite surreal. Part of a manger scene?

- Andrew