Monday, December 11, 2006

A day or two off

No new pictures, I forgot to take my camera to Penny's concert in Sharon on Sunday. Probably just as well as we (Dana, Eri, Hannah [aka Shirley] and I) were off in a corner and could not really see Nan. The joint was sold out! May have had something to do with the True North Brass playing; the concert was a great success. You can always tell the pieces the choir likes and those they sang under duress. One in particular was an obvious favourite; they truly filled the hall with joyful sound and did not even need the wonderful brass background.

The True North Brass are definitely professional players. They did not over-power, but also supported as needed. The other end of the spectrum was "wassail", a piece with a difficult beat and sharp bursts of notes in half-tones. I think the choir was quite happy to have the brass holding the line.

Goodies afterwards as always - cheese, crackers, cookies and such. Hannah liked that part. Then off to Swiss Chalet for dinner with three families (table for 10). The kids were great. A lovely time of year, catching up with Mike and Jason and teasing Hannah (aka Shirley).

Today is a no food day as I prepare for medical tests tomorrow. I will not over-share, but I will be ready, perhaps, to eat anything that moves by tomorrow afternoon. Maybe.

We are supposed to meet the Creese gang tomorrow at Station. Tammy and Ryan have just moved into Cornell, so there will be much chatter.

And so to another glass of water before downing something ugly.
Speaking of which, no move from Andrew yet. They will be here in 13 days. I had expected to clobber him by then, but it may take longer with his delaying tactics.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

c6

- Andrew

Anonymous said...

Why is Hannah aka Shirley?

Also, why won't your blog let me sign in under my Blogger name?

- Andrew