Monday, November 19, 2007

Sunday Morning

Sunday was a great morning. I have been experimenting with my big aquarium, and by Sunday the rsults were becoming obvious (and good). Then there was the Timbits hockey; I went to see Jack play hockey. Finally, when I got home the sun was shining through the maple tree as the leafs rained down. That led to the Sunday afternoon workout, but that is another story.

The picture of the aquarium shows a plastic Coke bottle on top. This is Dad's new still. I am making alcohol in that bottle, but that is just a by-product. The real purpose is to have the little yeasties burp carbon dioxide. The CO2 is collected in the bottle and fed down a plastic tube into the aquarium (through a stone defuser). This is supposed to help the plant growth, and it works. The aquarium plants are beginning to really respond - after about 2 weeks.

Here are some pictures of Jack (#12) and the game. It is a riot to watch, and Jack seems to be having fun.






Charlotte watched too. A grand outing with Jason and Jack; Eri, Mike, Bennett and Charlotte; followed by Dana, Hannah and Henry. With Grampa arriving in the middle there somewhere.






After the game, as I came home, the sun was playing with the tree and the leafs. Very lovely (except for knowing the whole mess has to be bagged).

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Whoa! Your leaves are still green! It's gotten right cold up here.

Go, Timbits!

- Andrew