Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Aw, aren't they cute!

The birdbath in the front yard is clearly seen from the kitchen window. I plan to get bird pictures from this locale as spring and summer eventually arrive. So, I was quite amused when I looked out and saw a black squirrel digging in the very deep snow under the bird bath. And then he/she jumped up onto the ice to enjoy a peanut that one of out idiot neighbours insists on leaving out for the little vermin.

While watching all this (sweet little rat, isn't it), another black squirrel runs down the big maple tree, across the lawn and up te little magnolia. And starts lunching on the as-yet-to-be blossoms.






If I can trap the beast, I will squash its head and either leave it nailed to the maple, or present it to the neighbour.


Anyone know a good way to trap squirrels? If the method is legal, so much the better.

4 comments:

Dave and Anneliese said...

Quite the little trapper aren't you? I guess I'd better stay on your good side. Never saw this side of you before. Quite like it.

Andrew said...

Geez, man, poor little critters. Maybe you could just dump some more peanuts in your neighbour's yard to keep them occupied. Or plant some less tasty trees.

- Andrew

Andrew said...

Hey, one of my coworkers says she and her husband got rid of their squirrel problem using live traps. Using peanut butter as bait, they caught a whole whack of them, and then took them far away and let them out in the woods. Never came back.

She recommends following the entire procedure, including the part where you let them go rather than bashing their heads in. Remember what happened to Little Rabbit Foo Foo...

- Andrew

Anonymous said...

Who or what is little rabbit foo foo?