Monday, June 02, 2008

OK, some new stuff starts

This is short, but I have been getting a bit of flak from some quarters about my poor performance in updating this mess. So ...

There will be some more new stuff soon, but this might be the more interesting.

After 14 years, almost to the day, we have a new truck.
Same as the old one, but not such a funky colour.





And the rear opens to get stuff in and out easier.
There will be a lid on the back as soon as the old lid gets re-painted.











We have chickadees in residence in one of the houses I built last year. The babies are being fed by the two tiny parents. The whole neighbourhood is full of baby birds abd attendant turf wars and battles. Quite fun.



Cardinals, robins, grackles, starlings, doves, house finches, chickadees and who knows what else.




The chickadees are really quick, but I caught this one bolting out to get more food.





Penny's orchid has been in flower like this for close to three months.



So, there was other stuff, too. Mike and Eri got us a great hotel room last weekend (many thanks and the staff still remember). We went to dinner (Fred's Not Here), the theatre (Dirty Dancing), walked up Yonge Street at about 1 am in a monsoon (golf umbrella came in handy), and went to the market (St. Lawrence) on Saturday morning. Happy birthday to Penny!

I have borrowed Dana's camera to try an experiment.

Watch this space.

2 comments:

St. Louis Family said...

COOL NEW TRUCK!!
Can't wait to see it for real and maybe go for a ride in it!
Dana

EJ said...

Yeah! You got your new truck. It looks great. Me too, me too. I want a ride.