Sunday, February 15, 2009

Disney round 2 - Hollywood Studios

So, here we go with another splash of Disney. We went to the Hollywood Studios park.


And we all had a great time. I am a big fan of much of Disney and there is a lot to see beyond the stuff that interests the kids. But I won't bore y'all with that.















The kids had a super time. There were many occasions when this picture could have been taken. I don't remember exactly what triggerred this, but the gang was certainly into whatever was going on.









Hannah had a big thrill: a High School Musical 3 show right on the street in front of us, AND she got grabbed to go dance on the street with the actors. How good is that? Well, check the face!




For some reason, Jason thought we, he and I, should go on the haunted hotel elevator ride. Hey, why not? Well, now I know why not.
The whole thing is based on a Twilight Zone episode. Spooky, lots of background set-up, through the basement into the old service elevator, raised hands to make sure you are belted in and not carrying anything. Then, after some more suitable delay, atmosphere and stuff, straight drop for 13 floors. Followed by repeated random ups and downs, say 4 floors, then 9 floors, then 7 floors, then the full 13 agains, then ... You probably get the picture. They took our picture at some suitably inappropriate time. I think I was screaming "Oh, (some short word)". Great fun.





Finally, spot the Canadians. The weather was cool, but the kids in the pool are not becoming hypothermic, and the guy in the short-sleeved shirt is not uncomfortable. It was probably between 12 and 15 degrees C.
Now take a close look at the lifeguard. Many times, I have gone skiing with less clothing than that!

2 comments:

St. Louis Family said...

Ha! I'm glad I had someone with me on that Tower of Terror ride! We were the only brave ones...or the suckers...
Jason

St. Louis Family said...

So fun to see the trip from another viewpoint! Thanks for posting those.