Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Darwin, US of A, morality & beauty

This is an article from The Economist magazine about a month ago.
Sorry, it is long and dense.
It is also interesting and quite scary at the same time. It helps explain much of what we see happening in our world today.
We may be on the cusp of a real revolution.



1 comment:

Andrew said...

Well, that last paragraph is certainly out of nowhere. Weird that the article is called "Unfinished Business," when the author thinks we are ready to "halt ... natural selection in its tracks," whatever that could possibly mean.

I also don't see how the discovery of new restrictions on the directions evolution may take makes it any less materialist or any more purposeful of a process. I guess I don't really get what the point of this article was supposed to be, other than a broad history of Darwinism, with the field of economics loosely associated with it a couple of times.

- Andrew