Thursday, June 03, 2010

Some excitement

So, while waiting for Andrew to continue his current tirade, I thought I would share a few garden pictures from today.


Oh, yeah, and maybe a shot of what we found when we came home last night. A very large branch from the maple in the front yard, actually, the Town of Markham's tree, broke with the extra weight of last night's rain. That's all it took.

Missed the house by a couple of feet, didn't touch Penny's car in the driveway, but completely trashed the magnolia tree (sob).

Dumb clowns!


3 comments:

St. Louis Family said...

Awww, poor Mom. I was hoping the magnolia was ok under there!

Pen & Rix Place said...

The mess was cleared away yesterday (Thursday), and the maple was pruned and left to recover today.

The magnolia is a couple of sticks with a few leaves. Penny wants to trash it and put in something else. I might prefer to try nursing it back; the roots are still fine and well established.

DoD

Alison said...

Horrible! :-(