OK, Houston, we have a problem. I made a great move and Andrew said it was foolish because nothing was guarding my queen.
Here are the moves that got us there:
1. d4 ... d5
2. c4 ... e5
3. dxe5 ... d4
4. Nf3 ... Nc6
5. Nbd2 ... Bg4
6. g3 ... Qe7
7. h3 ... Bf5
8. g4 ... Bg6
9. Bg2 ... 0-0-0
10. 0-0 ... Nxe5
11. Qb3 ... c6
13. Qxb7!
And the board looks like this --->
It may be just me, but I don't see the difference. Methinks Sonny Boy is up to his pits in doo-doo.
Of course, there has been a roaring debate going on through all this. Maybe someone (other than me) lost focus. More on the debate anon; it is fun!
Hmmm. Seems if I make the second half of move 11 properly we get this position at the end of move 12. May have to call the director for a ruling.
3 comments:
Where's the pawn at c6? The one I moved a mere two moves ago? Why is it still on c7 when I moved it specifically to prevent this kind of quick mate attempt? Also, that I never advanced that pawn on the d file that far. How did it get onto d3? Is my point...
- Andrew
Hmmmm. I see I blew your last move and thought you were making a seriously aggressive move.
Request permission to re-consider move 13.
Sure, no problem, man. As long as you didn't take your finger off it.
- Andrew
Post a Comment