Got a call from the family doctor this morning. The biopsy results show mostly pre-cancerous tissue with a small amount of cancer in situ - meaning it is fully contained within the colon and was removed. We will discuss this and other stuff with the surgeon tomorrow, but the bottom line (so to speak) is the full tumor was removed with no sign of cancer in the lymph nodes or surrounding tissues. This is the best possible outcome.
Hugs to all our family and friends who have been helping us through the past couple of weeks. May your New Year bring health, happines and some modest success. We are focused intently on the first of those.
Tuesday, January 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's great news, Dad! Way to go! Give that surgeon a high five from me.
By the way, I picked up The God Delusion at the airport so I could finish it. I did on the weekend and it's great — you'll love it.
- Andrew
Post a Comment