Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Hmmmm, it's been a while

OK, so I have been remiss. Much has gone on and I have very few pictures to document same.

All is well, and so are we. That is a grand thing. Back to the gym and some running, but taking it easy on the weights. Looking for work, but maybe not as actively as I might. "Final" visit to the surgeon tomorrow to check the scars and healing. Other than the missed staple, that is all going well. No, you don't want to know.

So, the list: we are set for a trip to Ottawa in March, we also have to go to Detroit in March to pick up 2 ottomans (ottomen?) that were shipped to Mike's brother's place (thanks goodness for "Eats, Shoots and Leaves"), went to Montreal for Leonard's 92nd birthday, got the gas fireplace insert up and running, found the bug fix for the Borland Pascal 7 compiler, worked out the RSP business and went downtown to get that straight, spent a bit of time researching the stock markets, and re-aquainted myself with morning radion on the CBC. I really miss Peter Gzowski. And everyone needs to read "The God Delusion".

Somehow I screwed up the camera settings and have nothing useful from the Montreal trip. Too bad really as the party at Antico Martini was lovely. We were all roudy and quite Italian. Poppa became quite overcome and had to go home, but recovered well. the party was too much on top of the full day he had with the new minister at the church and all. Seems he had been nipping throughout the day as well. 92 and still having a grand time!
I did get a great video of Marilen at the restaurant, but I am not sharing that. The blackmail opportunity is too good. Besides, when I convert it into a "movie" it takes about 7 megs. But really worth the disk space.
The fireplace is rather nice. This means I have lost both the family room and the larger tv. Penny now camps out in the (formerly too cold) family room to watch the soaps and then the evening telly. This may be good for blog writing, we shall see.

No comments: